You choose the colour and leave the rest to us. Your chosen colour is inserted into a clear sleeve and delivered ready to install.
The sleeves are made from a thermally stable, electrically insulating, polycarbonate. The ends of each sleeve are capped with an end cap; these end caps fix the sleeve to the fluorescent tube making installation easy. The sleeves are available in standard lengths for T5, T8 and T12 diameter tubes.
It is recommended that you contact us if intending to use sleeves on T5 tubes, as your colour choice and tube wattage will determine if a sleeve is suitable.
The sleeves are not recommended for use on high output T5 tubes, as the extreme heat at either end of the tube can cause the filter to discolour.
LEE Filters can supply pre-cut "Quick Rolls" of your chosen colour along with clear polycarbonate sleeves – everything you need to assemble the inserts and sleeves.
The pre-cut "Quick Rolls" are 7.62m (25') long and are available for T5, T8 and T12 diameter sleeves. Quick Rolls are also available in custom widths.
1. You'll require a clear sleeve, a Quick Roll of colour, two end caps, a knife and a rod or pole to stuff the sleeve.
2. Unwind the roll of gel to the length of the sleeve.
3. Cut the gel slightly longer than the length of the sleeve.
4. Wrap the gel tightly around the rod or pole.
5. Holding the gel tightly around the rod or pole feed it into one end of the sleeve, then push through the sleeve until it comes out the other end.
6. Remove the rod or pole from the sleeve, leaving the gel inside the sleeve.
7. Trim off any excess gel from the ends of the sleeve.
8. Place end caps on both ends of the sleeve.
Recessed fluorescent tube, no filter.
Front – Magenta
Back – Dark Blue
There are a number of different ways you can use coloured fluorescent sleeves creatively. A popular effect is a two-tone sleeve. This is where you have one colour at the front of the sleeve and another contrasting colour at the back. With over 250 colours to choose from the number of different colour combinations are endless.
Another effect that works well is the addition of some diffusion in front of the sleeves. The diffusion softens the light giving a soft, subtle blend of colours. The examples above show how the effect can be controlled by varying the distance between the tubes and the diffusion. More distance = More diffusion.See our full range of diffusion options